Calendar

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Information

I just read a couple of comments and I want to comment myself.
I understand that Momma went to the eye doctor and while I was told about it beforehand, I haven't heard or seen any results of that visit.

Also, Judy you mentioned that you thought Momma's tiredness might be due to the new medication from the neurologist, but I believe she was feeling that way before she started on the new medicine. Has it gotten worse? I observed more alertness during this last visit, although it may have been stimulation from everyone being there and the garage sale.

One last note. David set this blog up so we could share information, feelings, observations, etc. I know that this wasn't a 100% agreement, but it IS the best method for us to COMMUNICATE. I have Momma-itis when it comes to phones. I don't carry it with me. I pretty much leave it in the motorhome like a home phone. If I am in there when it rings, I answer it. I also have voice mail if someone leaves a message. I would appreciate it if EVERYONE used this blog. BTW (by the way), the word BLOG is an acronym for WEB (as in internet sites) and LOG as in logging information. I personally find the word disgusting, as it sounds like a choked frog or something to that effect. But, if we use it, it WORKS!!

I will be back at Mom's on July 9th and will stay for a couple of days. I plan on sprucing up the wash room and, time permitting, tear some of the rotten wood out of the shop room and reinforce what is left. Let me know if I need, or you want me to do some project that will benefit Momma or future plans.

Rich

4 comments:

Dave said...

Mom's eye doc visit went well. The doc was pleased with her performance as Jerry and I witnessed her get ALL the letters correct on the eye chart. No prescription change needed in her glasses and will not need to see that doc again for another year.

I honestly think that Mom's tiredness or apathy is more mentally induced than physical. I think it's a combination of boredom and lack of motivation coupled with the stress of so much happening around her that she can't understand or comprehend. I am hoping that once she gets settled into HB and into a STABLE ROUTINE where she doesn't have to worry about upcoming changes, she will be better. At least I hope so.

I seem to remember that something went wrong with Dick's old shop vac so I just left my little one there for anyone to use in the shop cleanup. If Dick's is broken permanently I do have a bigger better one that I can bring and leave there. Let me know.

I agree with you Rich, the word blog IS disgusting and because of that I avoided anything associated with the term in all my Internet surfing in the past. Mostly blogs have been used as a diary for most people and I could absolutely care less what someone had for breakfast that morning or their personal medical ailments or sexual preferences/habits. But when I realized the practical potential of it in a small private group of separated people needing to communicate on a common interest, I said HEY!...this could work for us. And here we are. But Rich is right we ALL need to use it to share info. I am guilty of omitting some important info, but now that is fixed. (see comments on Rich's post below) I hate to call names but BUBBA! You need to overcome your technophobia and post more. You are the eldest here and I/we value your thoughts and input. Make them known. Enough soap box from me...stepping down now.

Judy said...

Hey, leave Bubba alone. He's been busy all week with Mom. We both have. I was going to "blog" tonight, now I'm too sleepy. Got a lot to say, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Good night.

Rich said...

Judy,
We are not picking on Bubba, just encouraging him!

Judy said...

I know. He's just done a lot all week with her and stayed all weekend plus Monday. He'll get around to "flogging" , uh, "blogging" eventually. Looking forward to your next visit. BTW, I drank the rest of your Merlot with some steaks I bought during the week. Jerry grilled them, The Merlot was GOOD with the steaks. I'll have some more waiting for when you come (maybe some more steaks too).