It's really HOT here! I spent all day Tuesday on the patio but didn't get done what I wanted to, as far as the garage sale goes. I'll tackle that today.
Bubba had mentioned that the outside lights were not working when thw LR switch was turned on, although the patio lights and fans did. Sounded like a bad outlet and sure enough it was. I don't see how it kept from watching on fire. Whomever installed all that (Dick?) did a really poor jof of it. There was stranded wire wrapped around the solid feed wire that fed the outlet where the outside lights were plugged into. This was also the method used to power the ceiling fan and flourescent lights. The connection that fed the outlet ( to those power strips) had burned in half. So that said, I rewired it all. And, of course, there were many small things that cropped up that made it an all day long nightmare of sorts. In the end, all is well and it works like Momma wanted it to, that is, everything comes on when she flips the LR switch. However, I did add a switched outlet for the outside lights so they can be turned off independently.
Today, I shall begin pricing out the shop items and Judy is coming over to help Momma sort clothes and kitchen junk. I don't think we are going to advertise in the Times as it is cost prohibitive. I will post it on Craig's List and repost as neccessary to keep it current.
One other thing, Judy took Momma to the Neurologist yesterday. It was generally interesting, but I will let Judy post the details. He has scheduled blood work and a CAT scan. I believe both will be done this Friday at the hospital labs. Overall, he said her dementia was minimal for her age. Again, Judy has more information.
See everyone this Friday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment