Calendar

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Garage Sale

OK, here is my plan for this week.
I'm going to start unloading Mom's kitchen stuff. For now, I will place it on the patio tables. I am going to encourage Momma to start going through her clothes and determining what does and doesn't fit. I don't expect much but plan on being a little bit the bully. If I can make her a 'little' mad, she will come closer to staying awake and getting some things done.
So, lets hear from everyone about what and how much of what needs to go. I already have a lot of stuff from Dick's shop out there on the patio. Have any of you ever researched any of the 7Up collectibles? Or his penny collection?
Dave, I will need you to identify what is yours in the shop when you get back. We better not sell any of the yard tools, as we will need them until the house gets rented. Same with the in house tools.
Going forward, I plan on repainting the laundry room and making it a little more presentable. I have already purchased some supplies and plan on using the paint Momma already has (antique white, I believe). Any suggestions are welcome!!
That's all for now until I get there. I will post progress nightly......

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hold on guys! This is just a garage sale to appease Mom. She mostly just wanted to sell clothes. We can sell other items that have already been gone through, but I think we ought to leave the good things (good kitchen stuff, furniture, linens, etc. for the Estate Sale. Don't make her sell anything in the Garage Sale she doesn't want to!!! Estate Sales usually bring in more money than a Garage Sale. This G Sale will cull out a lot of the "junk and clothes" and let her have that money. Leave the good stuff until she's moved out, taking with her all she needs or wants, then have the Estate Sale after she gets moved - that way we'll know she's taking what she wants. I thought this was our original plan.