Calendar

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Good Job! . . . and a New Doctor Appt.

Thanks to everyone for your help on the Garage Sale. It was a success even though we could have put more stuff into it. We all just ran out of time and had the sale with what we had. Mother was elated to put the money in her bank account. We can put EVERYTHING else in the Estate Sale. I've been going to them for the past ten years. You take everything out of the bathrooms and put on tables with prices. All linens can go on top of the beds with prices. Cabinets and drawers in the kitchen can be opened up or displayed on the counters with prices. Closets can be opened up (what's left after she gets out what she needs) with clothes hanging and prices quoted above the closets on the wall on a sign). Good china is usually taken out of the china cabinet and placed on the dining tale with prices on them. Of course, all the furniture will have a price on them as well. And no, no one else but Mom's stuff will be allowed this time. I just let Kelley go in on the garage sale since she had a lot left from last time and is probably moving soon.

Also, today Jerry is going over her bills to find the missing ones and catch up. Plus, tomorrow (I'm sitting again today), I'm going to her bank and getting a print out of her statements (they don't mail them to her anymore) to see what she's missed paying and figure out why her balance is so big. We need to get her to pay more on her Discover bill, too. She used to pay that off every month. I don't know how long she's only been paying just a part of it.

Jerry called Dr. Smith yesterday about her shoulder again. She complains with it all the time and we can tell she is in pain. Dr. Smith made her an appointment with a Orthopedic doctor here in Bossier. He is with the Orthopedic Specialists that I went to in Shreveport on Line Avenue about 3 years ago. I don't know if they've moved from there, or this is a satellite office. Anyway, her appointment is Monday at 9:30. If Jerry is gone, I will take her. It's just around the corner.

2 comments:

Rich said...

Judy,
Sorry I can't be there to take Mom to her doctor's appointment. I've got the old motor home listed for sale locally and I have to be here until I get it sold. Right now, we are charging gasoline to get around town so I don't need to add any expense to that.
I haven't seen a comment from Bubba, so I don't know if he has read the blog lately or not. I'll call him if I don't hear from him or he doesn't respond soon. I think I have Momma-itis when it comes to phones....

Dave said...

Rich he did see your original post as I showed it to him before I left to come back to Conroe on Monday. Not sure why he hasn't commented.