Calendar

Friday, May 6, 2011

Updates and Observations

Mom has left to go bowling with Betty and seems pretty chipper. I could NOT get her to eat, but did manage to get her to drink a Boost. We went out last night to Appleby's and had a steak dinner, which she consumed 90% of everything.
She has been feeling pretty good and constantly watching me work, but I can't get her to do anything in preperation for the move. I make suggestions about clothes, articles that need going through, etc. but she either says ' in a while' or tells me what she has already done......
Jerry, that bath tub support device did not come in until yesterday afternnon, and I had two projects under way already, so I did not get to that. It's in the kitchen by the carport door.
I was able to get the wash room lavatory fixed, after much ado. The hot water faucet stem was broken at the area where the seal attaches, so it would not hold a new gasket/seal. After going to 5 places in Bossier City it was pretty well determined that that particular stem is no longer made/available. Sooo, with a bit of ingenuity and luck, I was able to fashion a seat for the gasket and now all is well. Just don't anyone force it real hard. Sounds shaky, I know, but it is NOT dripping or leaking in any way, so....
I have purchased some supplies to finish fixing the laundry room ceiling and plan on giving that a coat of paint when Mom is out of here.
Dave, I also pulled Mommas washer out of the tool room and found a HUGE amount of rust on the bottom of it. Between a wire brush, naval jelly, and a spray can of 'rust reformer' it's now fairly rust free. I also purchased a couple of spray products that should fix the timer on that washer. My experience with that type of trouble has always been corrosion on the contacts of the timer. We can get to that when we swap them out. I'll put it back in the tool room before leaving today.
I also collected another bag of trash from the tool room, and managed to get it vaccumed, but only up front and on the side. We may have to pull out some of the shelves, as there is a lot of rot and looks to be unsteady especially towards the right rear corner.
I have stacked all the potential garage sale items back on the porch/patio along with some more stuff. Momma was going through it and declaring that she still used some of it.......Still a lot of stuff to sort through for 'garage/estate' sales.
I'm going home now and try to kick this allergy/cold/sore throat/blagh....

No comments: