Calendar

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Waiting List Status

I recently sent an email to Marilyn @ Horizon Bay inquiring about Mom's place on the waiting list.  Here is the reply I got back:


Hi David!!!

I am doing well…. Thanks for asking!  I hope you are too!?!  I looked on my Status Board…. Mom’s looking for a 1 bedroom…. There are 7 people ahead of mom, but I think only 3 of them are viable right now….the other’s are planning to move later….. at least that’s what I think, for whatever that’s worth.  We haven’t had any notices the last few months, but have still had move ins/outs.  These have been due to deaths and needing a higher level of care.  At this very moment we have several people in the hospital…. and wonder about a few of them being able to return to Horizon Bay.  I have loved seeing your mom at the parties and am excited that she is feeling better about coming to live with us!  I also appreciate your patience!  If I had to guess, and David that’s all this is…. I would think there is a good chance you guys might get a call anywhere between now and the next couple of months.  Does that help at all?  Tell mom she needs to come to the Mother/Daughter ‘High Tea’, wearing her hat and gloves, on May 11 @ 2:30 and the Sock Hop on May 19 @ 4:30…. There will be a prize for best 50s costume and we will be serving supper! J

Tell me what’s up with you!!!

Smiles,
marilyn


On another note, I plan to take an extra day off from work for my upcoming visit to Bossier.  This means I 'should' be able to come up there on Tuesday April 26th and go back on Tuesday May 3rd.  This is subject to approval at work though....but it usually gets approved.

Another thing on my schedule is that I have been selected by the reserves to go on a 2 week annual tour to Aviano Air Base in Italy from May 31st till June 16th.  The down side of this is that I won't get to spend anything more than a day at Mom's for the month of June AND it runs the risk of me being away at a bad time if we get the call to move her into Horizon Bay.  I guess we'll just have to deal with that if it happens.  The up side of the trip is that I will make a significant chunk of change, mulaa, deneiro, $$, Benjamins, whatever you want to call it, and this money will be deposited into Mom's account for Horizon Bay.

Also while on the subject of money, Judy when you get the check for Mom's car just go ahead and put it in a safe place and hang onto it as I will be there in town in less than a week to deposit it.  I would rather do that than risk it getting lost or misdelivered in the mail system.  If Mom insists on keeping it at her house that's OK just make sure that somebody other than her knows where it is stashed in case she forgets.

OK enough rambling on my part....somebody else's turn now.   ;-)

No comments: