I got Mother to her Dr.'s appointment on Wednesday. They did bloodwork & an ekg. The person we saw and talked to has a real friendly and warm personality. Her name is Elizabeth and she is a
nurse/practioner (?). Ekg results indicated no problems with Mom's heart. The ultrasound tests were discussed and will be scheduled after her next appointment. We discussed all of her meds & did away with some and added some more. Her blood pressure has been really high every day I've been here (150 to 180 on the hi side). Her next appointment is 13 May 2011 at 9:20 am and they will evaluate the effect the new meds have had on her blood pressure, then schedule additional testing. Judy will have to get mother to her next bowling outing but I will be back here the following week to take her to the last bowling venture of the season, and I plan on staying through her birthday. I hope we can all be here for that, and we need to go all out, with presents and a cake.
I'll be leaving tomorrow (Friday) after I drop Mom off at her weekly card playing location, Judy will pick her up and bring her home. If anyone has any idea's about what we can do to make Mother's Birthday something special, post them on this site. Dave, the Bible rebinding is a good idea, I'll talk to Judy about that tomorrow before I leave.
It's late, I'm sleepy, goodnight.
1 comment:
I like the birthday idea! Not to sound like a broken record, but we have guest coming in with their camper to stay with us for awhile and we have promised them a trip to New Orleans (ugh). Not sure of the time frame but I will push for Mommas birthday to be a priority.
Richard
Post a Comment