Calendar

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

From Jerry

O.K. I think we're all on board with the latest issue with Mother, concerning her med's. She is not capable of administering them safely, or even at all. But it goes further than that, I don't think she is hydrating or nourishing her body (eating) when none of us are there. She's told Judy that she does'nt "like to eat." I don't think thats true, what she means is that she does not or will not prepare anything to eat. I think we've all seen her in action at the dinner table, she will eat every morsel of whatever is put in front of her.

Richard and I have worked out an alternating schedule so that one of us will be there Mon-Fri every week and Judy can cover the weekends. We are going to have to keep her meds away from her and personally see to it twice a day that she is taking them. I know it's going to be hard to deal with but we can no longer trust her to do these things for herself. This includes not only the med's but seeing to it that she is eating regularly and hydrating herself. The Nurse(Elizabeth) at the cardiology clinic stressed how important it was for her to adequately hydrate her body and suggested three bottles of water daily. I will be at Mother's this friday and stay through her birthday. David and I will get a head start at disposing of non-essential items. Please, if anybody wants to add comments, do so.

Jerry (Bubba)

No comments: