Well, after another week with Mom, here are a few impressions and thoughts.
I think her memory is worse. I can jog it by being playful and directing her towards what I'm talking about. She just can't handle conversations out of the blue, even when it took place minutes before. I've found that she gets this 'what the heck are you talking about' look on her face unless you steer her towards the subject you want to discuss.
Bubba, I forgot to call Kroger's to renew the two prescriptions that have run out. There was enough to load next weeks dailys'.
Judy, the empty bottles WERE on top of the day/night boxes and I don't remember which ones they were. I think one of them may have been the 'digoxin' (sic) but can't be sure. Why the heck does she need that if her heart rhythms are okay?
Fatigue! I believe her extreme fatigue is lack of exercise, that is, sitting all day in that damn recliner. She only used the exercise machine once the whole week, but will tell you she does it a couple of times a day. I really think she thinks she is doing it. She told me that she did it while I was working in the attic!! I'm pretty sure she was asleep, but then again when I was out front once she locked all the doors and turned off all the lights I had on and was back asleep when I forced the back screen door open......
Pain! Of all the moaning and sighing I have ever heard. She seems to dwell on it and use it as an excuse to not do things she needs to do. I know that this is hard sounding, but I tell her to take Advil if she hurts. Her response is usually, "I will in a while" or "I already did", when you know full well she hasn't.
Extra curricular! Has her Bingo changed to Monday? She says it has when I asked her if she wanted to go Tuesday. Also, she didn't want to go play cards Friday because she didn't have a way home!!! When I told her that Judy would, she just dropped the subject. Bottom line here is that she doesn't want to go do those things if any of us are there....
Enough for now, things to do.....
1 comment:
Bottom line is . . . Mom is depressed since she no longer has a car. If we weren't there and she had a car, she would most likely Go to all her social events. She can't stand depending on us. When I ask her if she needs to go to the store, she always says "no". I think she thought she would be able to get into HB and still keep her car. She's always complaining to me about it. Sometimes I fear once she gets into HB, she won't be happy either without her car. Sometimes I think these women at HB don't have the same interests as her and she will be unhappy, but I hope I'm wrong.
Post a Comment