Got home yesterday evening and called mom to remind her not to feed pepe at the regular time since she fed him as I was leaving (3:00pm). Response was: "I did?". Richard you will have to insure pepe has his (moms) favored food (chicken) available as he will run out the week you are
there.
I took mom to see Dr. Smith Friday morning for her shoulder pain, and to voice our concern's about her failing memory. Turns out they do have a neurologist on staff in their clinic. Dr. Smith will arrange an appointment and call Judy to inform of date and time. I asked Dr. Smith about the mental agility tests you mentioned Richard and she said she knew what they were and that is most certainly something they would probably want to do. During the course of her exam she (Dr. Smith) was able to see first hand Mom's difficulty in carrying on a coherent conversation, as I got a couple of covert winks of understanding. X-ray (of shoulder) will go to Radiology for official screening but Dr. Smith said she could see no fractures and no evidence of anything arthiritic, only inflamation (stress related). She and I both concluded that the source of the stress was more than likley the exercise machine that was to strengthen her legs. The anchor point for lifting your body on its seat is up through your back and down through your shoulders and arms to the horizontal arm bar. Needless to say, she won"t be using the machine again.
When she recovers from this Dr. Smith said that simple exercises that involve only joint movement (non-load bearing) would be sufficient to keep her flexibility. I will devise some things that we can lead her through that should be fun for her and keep her flexible as well. Dr. Smith told Mom the same thing the nurse at the cardiology office did; "hydrate your body daily, drink water often!" Carolyn's mother is practically immobile from arthritis to the point that getting out of bed and dressing herself is difficult.
Garage/Estate sale: Based on mom's place on the H/B waiting list it's looking like the two
may have to be done together but I'm certainley on board for the 18th either way.
Richard, I had no luck getting the tree trimmers to respond to our request for a limb removal.
Maybe because I called them back at 5:00 pm and told them to just put it off till the next day.
Give them another call (A+). I've used them before and they were efficient and friendly.
Mother said she has money in her checking account to cover it. It is the limb ddidrectly above the patio door, there is a split completely through the limb where a branch on the top side has
departed. If you have better luck than me, just have them remove the limb and put it on the ground. I'll take care of it with Mothers little electric chain saw the following week.
Mind going (gone) blank, can't think of anything else right now. Bye.
Jerry
2 comments:
when i posted this, it did not have the breaks in the text.
magic shit (computer)
not reliable
for me.
I talked to Dave and Judy about this, but we need to know how much money Momma has in her checking account. She is wanting to use some of the H/B money to pay off her Discover Card bill. Have either of you checked on this?
I wasn't aware that there was a limb problem again. When I was there last a big limb in the neighbors tree out front broke and pulled down the street light lines.
I'm not sure when I am going to get there this week. I have the motor home scheduled to have its windshield replaced the 31st, which is Tuesday. I will leave after that, but I'm not sure how long or how soon they will get to it.
Post a Comment