Calendar

Friday, July 22, 2011

Back in town....well Conroe

Whew! After covering 2600 miles in 6 days and making memories that will last 6 lifetimes, Kayden and I are back in the Houston area exhausted and sunburned.  Wouldn't you know it that Murphy's Law kicked in and we would get the call from Horizon Bay at the most inopportune time.  I last heard from Jerry that the lease would be signed Thursday morning.  Hope that went well.  As soon as things settle down a bit, I will look more closely at my work schedule and try to make plans with everyone to get her moved.  I also need to resume my effort at filling out the Veteran's Benefit Package and get it sent away.  I'm not sure how much of that I will be able to accomplish while I have Kayden though.  She is my number 1 priority right now as I only get to see her once a year.  We plan on coming to Bossier either on the 25th or 26th for a 2-3 day stay and then I must have her back in Phoenix by the 30th.

Also, for anyone monitoring Mom's Horizon Bay bank account, I had to (once again) temporarily borrow some of my money back from it to cover bills since my rich UNCLE SAM seems to think it is not important to pay me all the travel pay due to me from my trip to Italy.  Hopefully it will be paid within the next few days and the money will be replaced into Mom's account.

1 comment:

Judy said...

We're not going to be able to count on UNCLE SAM at all anymore. Let's PRAY that they can reach a compromise in the next few days and Mom, Jerry, Richard and I can all be paid next month (let's even hope that the VA can keep up paying their benefits and Mother gets hers!) Why do they pick on ordinary's people's "benefit" which is not a benefit at all! We paid for this out of every single paycheck for YEARS. We ought to get interest with it. Done with my soapbox for the day.