Calendar

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Update on Waverly Dr. House

Well, we've finally moved Mom out, had the Estate Sale and I am now finalizing getting things done at the house. Tomorrow (Friday) I will meet Karen at Mom's @HB and get her to sign the rental contract. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and part of Wednesday Katherine & Holley have been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Katherine changed all the locks again on both entry doors and now one key fits them all. There are a total of 4, so after Karen takes what she needs, I will keep a couple (or one?). Mom wants to keep one but she really does not need it. I'll wait until tomorrow on that one. Katherine also changed the shower head but Chad will fine-tune it tomorrow (it needs plumber's tape). He also met me at the house tonight and plugged up some holes in the closet walls to make sure no critters can get in. We also left a trap set between the stove and cabinet just in case there was one hiding in the house. However, we checked everywhere and didn't see any signs of one. The girls had found a lot of droppings when they were cleaning. We just want to make sure.

Everything has been taken out of the house including all the vacuums & cleaning appliances that were left. My house now looks like a hoarder lives there with all the stuff. Hopefully I can get rid of it with another garage sale at my house when the weather gets cooler. All that's left is the dining table and chairs and the serving table that goes with it. Richard, have you called that place yet (Presbyterian Ministries ?) and asked if they need them? Let me know if they need to come pick it up so I can be there to let them in. I don't know how soon Stan will get renters looking after tomorrow. If they don't need it, I can donate them to Goodwill. I know they will come pick it up as I've had them do that on big items before. Oh yeah, and the corner computer table & chair. Maybe the renters will want that, if not, I'll have to store that somewhere as well, or another item for Goodwill.

Hope everyone is well and is getting some good rest. I know we all need some. Ya'll really did a fantastic job on the house. It really looks good. Good Night.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Thanks for finishing up on the house Judy. No doubt that Jerry and Richard also appreciate it since I'm sure they were both pretty burned out and ready to get back home to do the 4 R's (rest, relax, recover, and recuperate). By the way, nice artwork in the middle of your text...how exactly did you accomplish that and was it intentional?

Judy said...

Yes, t'was intentional. Just got a bigger and different font for a selective sentence. Didn't do much good, tho, haven't heard from Rich on that. That's okay. I'm sure they're pretty burned out on this at the moment. Thanks for responding.